Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Understanding your body shape

You know girls this is the key to looking really stylish. You know all the times it went wrong for you because you bought something that looked fab on your pal yet did nothing for you, in fact it was a total mistake? Well of course it was, likely her body shape is different to yours. Learn the secret of dressing for your shape and avoid costly mistakes in future.I am short/high waisted with a short body.I also have a non existant waist. My legs are fairly long (good bit). My style challenge is to look taller by elongating the body and creating the illusion of a waist..
How to do this:
1. I avoid belts around the middle, best way for my shape is to wear them on the hip.This visually lengthens the torso.
2. I create vertical lines with v necks, long scarves, and long jewellery.
3. I never tuck in shirts, this would make me look like a sack tied in the middle.Instead wear them over your trousers with belt around the hips.
4. Find a dress that flatters your shape. The wrap dress is wonderful as long as there is no seam running around the waist.Better for the short waisted woman to have it tying under the bust as this is actually the narrowest part of the body.Again illusion! Try on different style until you find your perfect dress.
Well that's my shape girls but I will be writing about yours soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment