Monday, December 21, 2009

Altered Images

Have you been reading all the hype about Twiggy and 'those' touched up photos? God she looked fantastic in them and I must admit I breathed a huge sigh of relief when I realised they had been altered.It seems airbrushing is the order of the day.Who's real anymore? It's time to stop the kidding and admit the little pot of cream might make you feel better but no more than that. Who in Gods name can have wrinkle free skin at 60! It's just not possible unless you resort to either botox or knife and I for one am going nowhere near either one. I love my creams and believe every promise they make until I've used them for the compulsary 30 days and nothing has changed, same old same old!If you saw my make up box with all the half used bottles/jars you'd tell me to get my head tested. Every time I try something new I promise myself 'never again', then along comes Clarins/Estee/whoever with their false promises for all these Nasa tested wonder creams and I'm seduced all over again. Pathetic! I recently had a bit of dry skin on my face and you know what cleared it up? E45! I'm also a great fan of Nivea, in face in a former life with 'Open House' it regularly won hands down when we had products blind tested. But I digress, back to ageing, Joan Collins recently said she refuses to have her photos airbrushed. Good on her! She looks pretty damn good for a lady in her 70's. One of my all time favourites is Honor Blackman, she's absolutely fab, and she's 80. So let's hear it for all the girls who are embracing age with dignity, the wrinkles are real whether we like them or not, and if your pals love you they love you for who you are not how taut you skin is!

No comments:

Post a Comment