Thursday, November 26, 2009

Are we going too far with our casual dressing? ..read on

Was personal shopping this week and again I was amazed at the casual attitude people have to dressing. Now I certainly don’t want to appear ageist but nearly every young person I saw just looked plain sloppy. Have we gone a bit over the top with casual dressing? When I look at photographs of women taken in the 40’s and 50’s the one thing that strikes me every time is how stylish they looked. Attention to detail was paramount. They wore hats and gloves and carried handbags elegantly on their arms. I love it. Think Audrey Hepburn or Grace Kelly and you’re thinking style. Ahh what glamour. Is it that we’re just too busy today and just couldn’t be bothered? Yet every day you get up you have to dress yourself. Why not think about the impression you’re creating by what you’re wearing (or not)! So girls, give a little bit more thought tomorrow to what you

Put on

No comments:

Post a Comment