Sunday, November 29, 2009

How are you doing the trends?

What’s hot and what’s not!


Style magazines are so full of trends these days. My particular “visual candy” favourites are ‘In Style’ and Grazia. I used to love ‘Oprah’ but it’s hard to justify spending more than €7 on a magazine at the moment. I love bringing my magazines home and curling up at the fire for a good old read. Mind you there’s not an awful lot of reading in them, especially the fashion ones so I tend to get through them fairly smartly. Still reading is my big pleasure so I will never deprive myself of my style guides.

Right now ‘they’ are telling us that sequins, studs, big sleeves, and glitter will be massive this Christmas. "Oh I just couldn’t do that trend” I hear you say…well I say go for it! Every woman should have her bit of glitter for Christmas. Of course a lot depends on your age. The older you get the more you need to ‘tone down’ on the trends.

I love when the new trends come out but let’s face it , there are a few dodgy things to avoid if you’re past the first flush of youth! Mini-skirts for example are not a good look with knobbly knees. Also watch how you wear your leggings, make sure you wear them with dresses, or long tops unless you’re in your 20’s/30’, otherwise you will look like you forgot to put on your bottoms. Sooo not a good look!

The trends may be very funky this winter but gather your style wits about you and think about how you will interpret them. Which particular trends resonate with your personality?! If you incorporate maybe one or two into your outfits you will look fab. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment